- Can Your Diet Offer Symptomatic Relief For PCOS?
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. So, what actually is PCOS? PCOS is a common […]
- Myth Buster: You are what you eat!
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. How many times have we heard “You are what […]
- Myth Buster: Gluten-free diets are healthier
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. How many people do you know believe gluten is […]
- 5 Myths about Diabetes
Josephine Townsend (MNutr, RD). We look at 5 common myths about Diabetes to help you know […]
- Can We Trust The Headlines? Attack On The Low-Fat Diet
The Fat Debate DINE reviews the latest publication on the topic of the fat debate DINE takes a look at […]
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. With the desire to live a “sugar-free” existence becoming […]
- A collection of “In-vogue superfoods”… are they really so fabulous for our health?
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. At certain points of the year, mainly New Year […]
- Sugar & Sugar Free Diets
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. Talk on following a “sugar free” diet has become […]
- Healthy Eating & Travelling!
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD I recently returned from my honeymoon and it got […]
- Health Effects of Sweeteners
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. Both natural and artificial, naturally existing in foods and […]
- Happy Easter!
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. The giving and receiving of eggs at Easter is […]
- Baking Gluten-Free
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. When speaking to people with coeliac disease or those […]
- Boosting Your Mood With Food!
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. There is research to suggest that what we eat […]
- Food & Fatigue – Eating for Energy!
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. How are you? Busy? Tired? Exhausted? Many of us […]
- 12 Evidence-based tips to help you lose weight!
By Helen Dady, BSc (Hons), Msc, RD. There’s no denying it, weight loss is a hot […]
- Dietary Dilemma: Entertaining gluten-free!
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. Although we need food to provide us with nutrition, […]
- The cost of gluten-free foods – a barrier to compliance?
By Charlotte Foster BSc Hons, MSc, RD. One common culinary conundrum surrounding the gluten-free diet is […]
- Demystifying the differences- Coeliac Disease vs Wheat Intolerance vs Wheat Allergy vs IBS?
By Josie Townsend, MNutr, RD. When it comes to people avoiding gluten and wheat, there are various […]
By Charlotte Foster BSc (Hons), MSc, RD. I recently watched a documentary on Horizon with Dr. Gile […]
- Breakfast in a Bottle – Friend or Foe?
By Niamh O’ Sullivan BSc (Hons), MSc, RD . Breakfast choices have hit the headlines with […]
- Obesity – Useful Links
Check out these useful links and free fact sheets for more information to help you lose […]
- Obesity Prevention & Treatment
Living in a culture where a catch up over cake and a coffee is the norm, […]
- Obesity Prevalence & Complications
Prevalence – How common is obesity? Data from the 2014 Health Survey for England, found that […]
- What is the difference between overweight & obesity?
The terms ‘overweight’ and ‘obesity’ refer to the abnormal or excessive accumulation of fat which may […]
- Coeliac – Useful Links
Coeliac UK – what is coeliac disease? Coeliac UK – gluten-free diet Coeliac UK Food and […]
- Coeliac associated health implications
Due to intestinal mucosal damage, nutrient malabsorption is common in coeliac disease. Severe malabsorption and diarrhoea, […]
- Coeliac Disease Treatment
The gluten-free diet is the only treatment for coeliac diease (4). The diet involves the exclusion […]
- Diagnosing Coeliac Disease
To be diagnosed with coeliac disease, GPs will conduct a serological test (blood test) to detect […]
- Coeliac Disease Prevalence & Symptoms
Prevalence Previously considered a paediatric gastrointestinal disease affecting Caucasian populations, CD is now recognised to affect […]
- What is coeliac disease? What is gluten?
What is coeliac disease? Coeliac disease is a common condition that can manifest itself during childhood […]
- Useful Links – Diabetes
Diabetes UK British Dietetic Association Food Fact Sheet – Type 1 Diabetes British Dietetic Association Food Fact […]
- Carbohydrate Counting
Carbohydrate counting is a method used to help improve accuracy with insulin doses whilst removing a […]
- Medications to manage diabetes
There have also been great developments in medication for people with diabetes over the years. There […]
- Diet & lifestyle management strategies for diabetes
Overall aim of treatment = optimise blood glucose control to reduce the risk of short and […]
- Diagnosing diabetes & complications
Diagnosing Diabetes To be able to decide on the appropriate treatment options for people with elevated […]
- Prevalence & Symptoms of Diabetes
Prevalence The prevalence of diabetes in the UK, as well as many other countries, is rising […]
- What happens to someone with diabetes?
In a person without diabetes: Glucose is always present in the blood to give the body […]
- What is Diabetes?
‘Diabetes Mellitus’ literally means “siphon” “sweet like honey” (1) which describes one of the common symptoms […]
- What is a Dietician?
What is a Dietitian? Knowing who to trust in the advice arena can be a challenge. […]